Dr Numb cream is available over the counter in a 30g tube. The topical lidocaine cream comprises 5 percent active agent Lidocaine and non-medical rapid acting base, which is present at 7.22 percent.
Additionally, Dr Numb numbing cream is water based non-oily lidocain cream that is manufactured in cGMP licensed laboratory. Dr Numb – a guaranteed, safe lidocaine formula is the only registered numbing cream in the North America and is available worldwide.
Dr Numb formula works by obstructing the nerve conduction in the area where the cream is applied, this leads to temporary loss of sensation, so you feeling nothing when the needles are being punctured into the body.
The correct way to apply numbing cream
Applying numbing cream on the area you want to anesthetized is nothing different that applying any ordinary cream. But there are certain things that you must do right before you apply Dr Numb cream.
- Wash the area to be numbed thoroughly with soap and water and pat dry
- Now wearing surgical gloves, apply a generous layer of numbing cream using a good part of your hand
- Now cover the creamed area with a cling wrap or cling film for about 45 minutes to one hour
- Do not leave the cream applied for more than an hour
- Before applying the stencil, ensure the tattoo artist has wiped the cream off using a damp cloth.
How would you feel after applying a numbing cream?
- You shall feel cold and numb in the area that you have applied the numbing cream on
- During the tattooing or hair removal process, you should feel almost negligible pain for the first hour or so at least
- The effect of the numbing cream is not endless – it would gradually begin to reduce after a couple of hours post application.